Progressive Power Lab (PPL) seeks an experienced sales entrepreneur to serve as our first full-time sales team member.
We are looking for a high-energy professional with experience selling technology to nonprofits and for profits. The ideal candidate is committed to supporting progressive organizations and eager to close deals, hunt new business, manage inbound and outbound leads, and build a high performing sales team.
This is a great opportunity to work for a creative and innovative team that is consistently pioneering new initiatives to advance the way groups work in our field.
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Power Lab is the operational and strategic backbone for a portfolio of companies that move millions of people and dollars into progressive organizations.
Our portfolio companies and partners support crucial organizations like the Center for Popular Democracy, Children International, Humane Society of the United States, PushBlack, National LGBTQ Task Force, Clean Water Action and more.
The Family of PPL organizations includes:
● Membership Drive, which provides cutting edge technology, training, and strategy to progressive nonprofits to build their fundraising and political canvasses.
● The Progressive Multiplier, which offers diverse grants and financing options to nonprofits to help them test and scale their fundraising efforts.
● Partner with the Chief Marketing Officer and channel partners to design marketing and lead generation strategies, qualify leads, and close deals for PPL’s suite of technology products. These products include:
o Map Simply— a new App on the Salesforce AppExchange, priced to move, with upcoming add-ons for political and fundraising canvasses
o Membership Drive— a best in class face-to-face fundraising toolset, used by both for-profits, non-profits, and unions to collect membership dues door to door or in public venues
o Power Drive— a community organizing CRM built on Salesforce, used by nonprofits to manage their advocacy efforts
● Partner with the Chief Marketing Officer to design marketing and lead generation strategies and qualify leads for Consulting and Advisory Services to be handed over to senior PPL consultants to close.
● Create and prioritize strategic target account lists
● Manage our Salesforce sales pipeline and database
● Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in our products and services
● Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
● Draft proposals and quotes for potential clients
● Manage both inbound and outbound leads, convert and close them
● Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
● 5+ years of full-time corporate sales experience
● Software and consulting sales to non-profit organizations
● Track record of success prospecting for new business
● Salesforce experience
● Experience being held to sales metrics a plus
● Enterprise prospecting experience a plus
Skills & Qualifications
● Excellent written/verbal communication skills
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
● Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale
● Ability to multitask, take initiative, prioritize, and manage time effectively
● Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
● High level of integrity
● Commitment to progressive issues
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, LOCATION
This is a remote position reporting to the Membership Drive Managing Director.
Compensation for this position will be structured as a combination of base salary + commission and bonus.
PPL offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, work from home stipends to cover phone and data plans, 15 days PTO in the employee’s first year, plus most major public holidays and birthday.
Submit your application, resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Sales Representative” in the subject. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply before July 24th.
For more information, please visit progressivepowerlab.org, or the sites of our projects, http://www.progressivemultiplier.fund and www.membershipdrive.com
Progressive Power Lab is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply